With the Holiday Season in full swing, we can get overwhelmed with the changes in our diets, daily schedules, and emotions. It should be a time to enjoy, but it can also be a time of stress, and often we don’t pay attention to the internal system that keeps us healthy—our Immune System. Here is something I have shared with people on my website called The Immune Competent Personality Test, based on Dr. George Solomon’s research, and I encourage you to use it this Holiday Season. It will help you all year ‘round, too, so put it in your New Year’s resolutions if you plan to make them.
Immune Competency Personality Test
- Do I have a sense of meaning in my work, daily, activities, family and relationships?
- Am I able to express anger appropriately in defense of myself?
- Am I able to ask friends and family for support when I am feeling lonely or troubled?
- Am I able to ask friends or family for favors when I need them?
- Am I able to say no to someone who asks for a favor if I can’t or don’t feel like doing it?
- Do I engage in health related behaviors based on my own self defined needs instead of someone else’s prescriptions or ideas?
- Do I have enough play in my life?
- Do I find myself depressed for long periods during which time I feel hopeless about ever changing the conditions that cause me to be depressed?
- Am I dutifully filling a prescribed role in my life to the detriment of my own needs?
Answers: If you answer no to the first seven questions and yes to the last two you need attention.
*Siegel’s three additions:
- I am taking you to dinner what do you want?
- What would you hold up before an audience to demonstrate the beauty and meaning of life?
- How would you introduce yourself to God?
- Your response should relate to your feelings not your thinking about what to eat
- You are a child of God