I often recommend to people who write to me about both preventing illness and coping with illness when it is present in your life that they read something on my website called The IMMUNE COMPETENT PERSONALITY, based on Dr. George Solomon’s research. I decided to feature it this week in my post for those who haven’t yet tried it. Please let me know what you think of it. Here it is:
The Immune Competent Personality Test
The IMMUNE COMPETENT PERSONALITY is based on Dr. George Solomon’s research.
- Do I have a sense of meaning in my work, daily, activities, family and relationships?
- Am I able to express anger appropriately in defense of myself?
- Am I able to ask friends and family for support when I am feeling lonely or troubled?
- Am I able to ask friends or family for favors when I need them?
- Am I able to say no to someone who asks for a favor if I can’t or don’t feel like doing it?
- Do I engage in health related behaviors based on my own self defined needs instead of someone else’s prescriptions or ideas?
- Do I have enough play in my life?
- Do I find myself depressed for long periods during which time I feel hopeless about ever changing the conditions that cause me to be depressed?
- Am I dutifully filling a prescribed role in my life to the detriment of my own needs?
Answers: If you answer no to the first seven questions and yes to the last two you need attention.
*Siegel’s three additions:
- I am taking you to dinner, what do you want?
- What would you hold up before an audience to demonstrate the beauty and meaning of life?
- How would you introduce yourself to God?
- Your response should relate to your feelings not your thinking about what to eat.
- You are a child of God