The IMMUNE COMPETENT PERSONALITY is based on Dr. George Solomon’s research.
- Do I have a sense of meaning in my work, daily, activities, family and relationships?
- Am I able to express anger appropriately in defense of myself?
- Am I able to ask friends and family for support when I am feeling lonely or troubled?
- Am I able to ask friends or family for favors when I need them?
- Am I able to say no to someone who asks for a favor if I can’t or don’t feel like doing it?
- Do I engage in health related behaviors based on my own self defined needs instead of someone else’s prescriptions or ideas?
- Do I have enough play in my life?
- Do I find myself depressed for long periods during which time I feel hopeless about ever changing the conditions that cause me to be depressed?
- Am I dutifully filling a prescribed role in my life to the detriment of my own needs?
Answers: If you answer no to the first seven questions and yes to the last two you need attention.
*Siegel’s three additions:
- I am taking you to dinner what do you want?
- What would you hold up before an audience to demonstrate the beauty and meaning of life?
- How would you introduce yourself to God?
- Your response should relate to your feelings not your thinking about what to eat.
- You are a child of God